RECIPIENT SELECTION CRITERIA
- Nominees must have earned a graduate or undergraduate degree from the University of Missouri-St. Louis.
- Nominees must have attained the highest level of professional accomplishments.
- All candidates will be considered regardless of race, gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or religion.
- Voluntary service on a local, state, national or international level may strengthen the nomination and should be noted.
- Nominees for the Outstanding Young Alumni Award must be 35 years or younger by December of the year in which they are nominated.
- Special honors, published works or recognitions may be submitted for consideration.
EXCLUSION FOR ELIGIBILITY
- Current members of the UMSL Alumni Association Governing Board of Directors are not eligible for this award.
- Recipients who have previously won in their award category cannot be nominated for the award a second time.
- Self-nominations will not be reviewed.
Nomination forms may be submitted at any time throughout the year; however they must be completed in their entirety and be received in the UMSL Alumni Engagement office by the official nomination deadline of March 1 annually.
Individuals, alumni groups and constituent associations may make nominations. Nominations must be submitted on official nomination forms supplied by the UMSL Alumni Association (available as hardcopy or download at
www.umslalumni.org). Please attach two to four letters of support and the nominee’s resume and/or curriculum vitae. The UMSL Alumni Association Awards Committee will review the nominations and select finalists for each award.
All nominations not selected in the current year shall remain active nominations for a total of 1 year and may be considered for selection during that period. After 1 year of eligibility, all nomination forms must be resubmitted for committee review.
PRESENTATION OF THE OF AWARDS
The UMSL Associate Vice Chancellor for Alumni Engagement and the Chancellor will present the DISTINGUISHED ALUMNI AWARD and OUTSTANDING YOUNG ALUMNI AWARD to recipients at the university’s Founders Dinner celebration each September. The recipient must commit to attend Founders Dinner for the award presentation. Individuals responsible for making the nomination will also be invited to attend.
Nominations shall be held in confidence (with the exception of the committee, the Alumni Association Executive Council, the Assistant Vice President of Alumni Relations, The Vice President of University Advancement and the University President). Research on the nominees shall be conducted by the Assistant Vice President, Alumni Relations, the Alumni Relations staff, and staff of the Office of Advancement Services in the Division of University Advancement.
The recipients of each award will be publicized in the UMS magazine, plus any additional University publications deemed appropriate by the Communications and Marketing and Alumni Engagement staff. The Communications and Marketing staff coordinate web updates and press releases with the recipients' regional newspapers
THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS IS MARCH 1, 2015
For more information about the submission guidelines, contact the Office of Alumni Engagement and Community Relations at 314-516-6453 or email@example.com.