What is the UMSL Alumni Leaders Council?
The UMSL Alumni Leaders Council is an assembly of volunteer alumni leaders— including leaders of alumni affinity chapters, networks and groups officially recognized by the UMSL Alumni Association and members of the Association’s Governing Board of Directors. The council convenes once annually at the IGNITE Alumni Leaders Conference in May.
What is the IGNITE! Alumni Leaders Conference?
Held on campus in the spring, the IGNITE! conference is a one-day event where Alumni Leaders Council gather to—
- Share best practices and new ideas in alumni engagement
- Network with each other and university leadership and
- Build action plans for the coming fiscal year.
The IGNITE! conference culminates in an annual luncheon meeting where council members—
- Have the opportunity to learn about the Alumni Association’s efforts from the past year
- Celebrate achievements of alumni volunteers and Association supporters
- Recognize outstanding volunteer leadership and
- Anticipate strategic initiatives for the coming year.